How to Navigate Team ChaosSep 13, 2023
I know what it feels like, being caught in the stormy seas of team discord. Picture my earliest days in European leadership: engulfed in political turmoil, balancing the expectations of 11 diverse international teams, and pulled into never-ending re-scoping, re- planning and capex-opex debates.
Fast forward to a conversation I had recently with a leader, teetering on the brink of a monumental decision. In his team, a vocal VP was stirring the pot, fostering an environment where blame was the game of the day, crippling the unity and collaboration. This leader found himself wrestling with the tough decision of whether to let go of this VP, fearful that it might escalate the chaos. He even contemplated silently quitting to escape the mounting tension.
Here's the truth, most people never learn:
we can't control what happens to us, but WE CAN CONTROL HOW WE RESPOND.
Trying new things can be pretty scary. It's like our brains automatically pull back, afraid of what might happen.
But think about it... isn't it even SCARIER to just stay stuck where we are, never moving forward?
So, if we are in leadership for the long haul, we need to lean in and learn to dance with our fears that prevent us from serving even more powerfully.
Here's your personal game plan to shift team chaos, once and for all.
1. Inject more meaning into the current situation and scenario. What would you infuse?
2. Who are you that is noticing the conflicts?
3. Transform your narrative from "I can't" and "I'm tired of this" to "I can" and "I choose to notice ..." How would this shift change your feelings and the possibilities ahead?
4. Why are you constraining your leadership potential? Go deep. Be raw. Challenge your statements 7x.
5. Who in your circle challenges you compassionately, urging you to break free from your mental walls you've created?
Take a moment with these questions. Let them resonate within, stirring your innermost thoughts and feelings.
So, what's next?
For the Visionary Women: Tired of saying, "I'm not in a rush"? It's time to shake that off with Project Olympus. This isn't just a group – it's a golden opportunity to leap forward in your life. 7 spots left. Ready to step up? Let's connect and have a meaningful conversation.
For the Driven Men: Ready to step into a bigger role in your life? The Elite Circle for Men isn't just a group – it's your launch pad to achieving those big dreams. Ready to take the leap? DM me today for more details. Seats are limited and the first seat is already taken!
To Your Success
Much Love, Camilla
Founder, Trusted Advisor - Calberg Coaching
Follow me on LinkedIn
Fueling clients' resolute success, touching millions. We stand united. You Are Unlimited™
2 more things you need to know:
2. I have 2 seats left for private coaching. Leadership or divorce. If you know you are meant for more and desire to have private conversations, let's talk.
PPS: If you like this newsletter, share it with your colleagues and best friends who you want to see have more success and freedom in all areas of their lives.
Please use the form below to connect with us.
Welcome to the Calberg Coaching Community. We guarantee, you will love us. Sign up for email and text messages to enjoy exclusive updates and offers.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.