A Personal Story and a Catalyst Into 2024Dec 12, 2023
In my newsletter Friday last week, I opened up about the challenge of managing difficult emotions and our responses, like emotional eating. Little did I know that a few hours later life tested me on these very lessons.
Picture this: Me, a single parent, trying to handle two energetic 9-year-olds ready for hip-hop dance, while also dealing with our cat Bailey's serious heart condition. We were returning to the same hospital where we had to say goodbye to our puppy last year. Which made my daughter very anxious. In the midst of it all, I found myself falling back on emotional eating.
That evening, I lived out a lesson I often share: the strength in accepting reality, even when it's tough. It's not just an idea; it's a real practice of finding strength in vulnerability, seeing things as they are, and finding the good in difficult times. I teach this to my clients and talked about it at the Roundtable last week.
The truth about external stressors is this: they often nudge us toward placing blame or seeking escape. It's a human response, but there's a powerful alternative.
How do we navigate this?
- Choose Acceptance: When we accept our circumstances as they are, not as we wish them to be, we stop fighting reality. This acceptance isn't about resignation; it's about acknowledging our reality and finding our power within it.
- Release Victimhood: It's easy to feel like life is happening to us, but shifting away from a victim mindset empowers us to take control of our story. This means letting go of ego-driven narratives and embracing our role as the authors of our lives.
- Practice Gratitude: In stress, gratitude is an act of resistance. It challenges us to find light even in dark times, changing our narrative from one of scarcity to one of abundance.
It took a while for me to learn how to turn external pressures into opportunities for growth, a challenge many of us face.
👉🏼Where do you resist accepting your circumstances as they truly are, and where do you avoid embracing your vulnerability to transform stress into growth?
Let's be the catalysts for change. In a world craving authentic leadership, your vulnerability is your strength. Together, we can transform challenges into resilience, freedom, and courageous living.
Limited Spots: 2024 Private Planning Intensive
This December marks a significant milestone in my personal journey. I've moved from living a life penned by others to writing my own script – becoming a free, empowered mother, individual and a dedicated trusted advisor, coach and mentor to my clients. It's been a journey of reclaiming my story, where vulnerability and courage have become my strengths.
As we look toward the new year, imagine what stepping into your own power could mean:
- Creating a career that's a true reflection of your passions and core values.
- Developing innovative ideas that not only contribute to your field but redefine it
- Creating a new concept that will help your CEO or customers achieve greater results in 2024 and beyond.
- Crafting a strategy that embodies your true self, resonating with your deepest desires. It's about attracting those you wholeheartedly want to uplift and serve.
- Reclaiming your journey, embracing family realities, and unleashing your full life potential - because life after divorce is about more than just surviving; it's about thriving
Imagine yourself entering the new year not just with plans, but with a clear, grounded strategy, ready to bring your vision to life.
If you feel called, a quiet acknowledgment of 'this is my moment,' then I warmly invite you to a VIP Planning Intensive. Our sessions are more than setting goals; they're about co-creating a 2024 where you're thriving in your truest self.
I've dedicated time in December and January for these exclusive sessions. Places are limited [first-come, first-served] to ensure a focused and bespoke experience. To reserve your spot, click the link below. My team and I will take care of the rest, ensuring our collaboration becomes a turning point for your extraordinary new year.
I'm excited to partner with you in this journey of growth and success.
Here's to a transformative 2024,
PS. Join me at Project Olympus to build your own ultra-strong life of significance. Surround yourself with like-minded high-achieving leaders who want more from life.
Founder, Trusted Advisor - Calberg Coaching
Follow me on LinkedIn
Fueling clients' resolute success, helping those who want to help themselves. You Are Unlimited™
Please use the form below to connect with us.
Welcome to the Calberg Coaching Community. We guarantee, you will love us. Sign up for email and text messages to enjoy exclusive updates and offers.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.